Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Highlights: Top 5.


1. Seeing the The Avengers- On Saturday morning, went to see a matinee showing of The Avengers (9 bucks! What a steal!!). Superhero movies are one of my favorite genres. Clearly, I'm the only one that feels this way, that's why Marvel puts out billion dollar blockbusters. Maybe someday I'll have a job that requires a shiny skin tight suit or a cape. A girl can dream...

2. Brunch @ Deep Ellum with my mom and company- French toast, bloody mary's and mom time. Enough said.

3. Reading in the sunshine- Currently wrapped up in The Garden of Last Days by Andre Dubus III and I can't put it down. Next up on the roster, In the Bedroom by Andre Dubus and Shucked by Erin Myers Murray.

4. A visit to The Salty Pig- On our bike ride back from South Boston on Sunday, Tom and I stopped into The Sally Pig for some late night eats. This was my first time going and I have to say, this place is awesome, from the thin crust pizza to the bathroom pasted with far side comics. Meats and cheeses and pizza, oh my!

5. Watching Game of Thrones- This show is so EPIC. If you haven't jumped on this HBO series's band wagon, I strongly advise that you do. Best end to any Sunday. 

xo-Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment